The Indian Institue of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) is the top Business School in India and was founded in 1961 with close ties to Harvard. More recently IIMA has become a leading international business school and is currently ranked 11th in the Financial Times Top 100 Business Schools 2012 making it the top MBA in India.
In fact when you look specifically at Career Progress Rank* IIMA comes out 1st with a very impressive average increase in alumni salary of 152%.
*Calculated according to changes in the level of seniority and size of company alumni are working in today vs prior to their MBA.
Other impressive ranking statistics for IIMA, according to the Financial Times, include 97% of graduates finding employment within 3 months and a ranking of 14th for Placement Success**.
**Ranking by alumni of careers service provided by business school.
The Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) offers a range of Executive Education Programs, including:
- Two-year Post-Graduate Programme in Management
- Two-year Post-Graduate Programme in Agri-business Management
- Fellow Programme in Management (equivalent to Ph.D.)
- One-year Post-Graduate Programme in Management for Executives
- Faculty Development Programme for Teachers in Universities and Colleges
Since IIMA’s early links with Harvard it has gone on to forge links with many of the top global business schools, including:
- Chicago Graduate School of Business
- Anderson School of Business
- Stern School of Business (New York University) in the US
- Institut de Empressario
- Stockholm School of Economics in Europe
- Double Degree Programs with ESSEC
- Jointly Branded Executive Education from IIMA – Duke CE
IIMA is also a member of the Partnership of International Management (PIM), a consortium of leading global business schools, which facilitates the development of international collaboration among its members, encouraging the development of joint initiatives, student and faculty exchange, joint research and cooperation among faculty members and researchers. Each member institution must demonstrate the highest degree of excellence in the fields of business administration and management, demonstrate leadership in their geographic region and deliver an MBA or a graduate-equivalent degree in management.
In summary, the Indian Institue of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) offers excellent career prospects for those students talented enough to be admitted and IIMA will continue to play an important part in the growth of the Indian economy by producing generation after generation of global business leaders.
For more information on IIMA business school visit their website by clicking here.
For more information on how IIMA ranks in the Financial Times Top 100 Business Schools click here.